Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Treasures

My Meme (paternal grandmother) has given me a Christmas treasure every year since the day I was born until I got married. I would wait in eager anticipation to receive her handmade Christmas ornament and see what figure I had gotten that year. She always put my name and year on the ornament and some years made them very appropriate for my achievements, such as 1996 was Santa in a car since that was the year I learned to drive. She has done this for all her grandchildren every year (of which she has 11) and even started for her great-grandkids....Angel and Emma loved hanging them up this year. It is such a special gift she has done every year and holds so many memories for me...and helped to decorate my tree when I left home and had no other ornaments!! Thanks so much Meme, I will treasure these ALWAYS.
My Ornaments

Angel and Emma's

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow-she's so talented!

Anonymous said...

i love mine too! Just told mom last night I needed to take a picture of my little tree so meme could see all the ornaments on it!

Beth said...

Wow those are amazing!!!