Saturday, June 28, 2008

City Girls

I know, I know, I know .... I have yet to share any of our fun (um, tiring-hot-exciting) trip here in NYC. But between being surrounded by boxes (either unpacked or broken down in big piles), furniture that keeps floating around the apartment because we haven't quite figured out where we like it, fans everywhere because did I mention it is HOT and the only AC that isn't really broken is the master bedroom which we now use as the baby nap room, and well then there are the two little ones that keep wondering why we don't have all the time to give them our constant attention and why we just can't clean up all the messes. But so far we have had no mental break downs or moving anxiety attacks...I guess when you have yours sisters together it is just so nice to be sharing these moments and making memories that it makes the whole experience much more bearable. In between all the unpacking, setting up and organizing...we are trying to take breaks and at least explore the city a little and let Angel run around and play. Angel loves just walking the streets and staring at all the people zooming by. It is funny to watch her, as Caitlin says, "she looks so little on the streets of NYC." Now if we can just get the little ones (especially Angel) to sleep at night...although last night the trick was putting her in her own room like at home and she did much better...just tough when her schedule and surroundings are so different. Babes are truly creatures of routine and schedules. So while I have had a quick minute to let our loyal readers know we survived the flight and are busy helping to transform this apartment into the Sturhahns new home I will hopefully find some time here soon to post the pics that yes, I have been taking and I know my dear husband (whom I and the girls miss so much...this is the longest I have ever been away from him!) wants to see. So.....come back later and check it out!!!

No comments: